Saturday, April 11, 2015

Stampin' Up Mother's Love and Painted Petals Gift Set


Pacific Point Color



Blackberry Bliss Color

Today I would like to share with you this Mother's Day Gift Set, made with the Stampin Up Mother's Love and Painted Petals stamp sets. It includes this beautiful purse big enough to hold a scarf or a piece of jewelry, or chocolates, a gift card and the list can keep going :) . I wanted to pair the purse with a matching card and I think the cascade card style goes really good with the purse design.

The Purse was designed by PaperCraft Button a very talented Stampin Up demonstrator from UK and here is the Video Tutorial to create the purse. 

These are the changes I made to the Purse Flap:
Cut one piece of solid card stock at  5-1/2 X 4
Cut one piece of designer paper a  5 X 4
Using the largerst of the Floral Frames Collection dies, die cut one end of each of the flap pieces as shown on picture below.

Then attach both flap pieces from the straight side offsetting the petals on the other end. Score this piece at 2" and 2-1/4" fold scored lines and attach it to the back side of the purse box (use sticky strip or a strong adhesive here) and add velcro or magnets for the closure.
I embellished the Flap with a flower and leaves from the Flower Frenzy Bigz die which I then realized that matched perfectly with the flower frenzy when layering on top.

Here is the procedure I used to create the cascade card:
On a piece of card stock 8-1/2 X 11 divide it in 3 sections scoring on the long side at: 3-3/4, and 7-3/8
Then measure 4-1/4 and mark on righ side of paper and 6" on the left side. Then cut this diagonally starting from the 6" mark and ending on the 4-1/4 mark. Fold score lines mountain valley for form the card base. You can leave it with a straight top edge or step it up by decorating the edges like I did here using the Large Scallop Edgelit die.
I also embossed the center section with the Spring Flowers Embossing Folder, which coordinates with the designer paper and the stamp set.

Cut the card panels as follows:
Front panel (whisper white cs): 3-1/2 X 4-3/4
Center panel (whisper white cs): 3-1/2 X 5-1/4
Third Panel (designer paper): 5-3/4 X 3-5/8

*Note all the inside panels were cut with the Large scallop edgelit die on top edge as well, my technique to match panels with card base as close as possible was by placing the paper in front of the base and marking it on the opposite side or back side then cutting the scallops following the markings, see picture here:


Stamp and embellish your card as desired or you can follow what I did here. I really love the way it turned out, and the stamp sets are super cute!  you can create so many combinations of cards from the most simple to a more elaborated card those stamps look so elegant in any way you want.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or write me a comment below. 
And remember if you order from my Stampin' Up Website you will receive a Thank you Gift from me :)
Thank you for supporting my business and Have a Wonderful Day!


I hope you liked this project. Here are the supplies I used :

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment