Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Stampin'Up Festive Flower Card and Thanksgiving Gift Basket set

Welcome to my Blog!
Today I would like to share with you a Thanksgiving Gift Set made with the Stampin'Up Festive Flower Builder Punch and the Berry Basket Bigz die.
The Festive Flower Builder Punch was designed to build a poinsettia flower, however I wanted to show that you can use this tool for many other projects using different colors with as many or just a few petals as you wish.



This card size is 4-1/4 X 6-1/2. I created a Sunflower with different fall colors mixed up, the "Thankful" letters were cut with Gold Foil paper and they are from the Expressions Thinlits dies (this item is retired) however you can substiture this sentiment with any of the new thinlits currently available in our catalog. The card has a piece of early espresso that I embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder, and I added another layer of Old Olive card stock to card base and embossed it with the Lovely Lace embossing folder to coordinate with the sunflower, I also added some burlap ribbon.

To pair the Card I wrapped a few Pumpkin Spice Keurig cups using the Berry Basket Bigz die, I used Kraft card stock for the base of basket and corrugated paper for the top scallop border, I also added some burlap ribbon to tie a knot around basket, the tag is made with very vanilla card stock and used the Merry Everything stamp set, I cut another tag with Tangerine Tango card stock for background. The small flower on  the basket is made with the leftover petals from the sunflower above so nothing got wasted :)
For those of you who are not familiar on how to build the Berry Basket please watch this video tutorial HERE.

Below are some pictures that will show you how I inked, punched and build the Sunflower on the card.
 I used 2 strips of Daffodil Delight card stock  cut at 2-1/2 X 11 and I blended the ink colors as you see on picture (Delightful Dijon, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, and Tangelo Twist)

After punching all petals, I embossed them with the Woodgrain embossing folder.

You will need 8 of larger petals then glue them on a 1-3/8 circle to form first layer.

Add 8 medium size petals as second layer see picture above for placement.

To build the center of Sunflower I used a 3/4" circle with Early Espresso card stock and punched 12 of the "X" shaped pistils, glue all these shapes around the circle until is covered completely.
I used another 3/4" circle and assembled another small flower using 4 of the smaller petals.

I attached the small flower on center of big flower with a dimmentional for a third layer.

Then I attached the center with another dimmentional to finish the Sunflower.

I cut 2 leaves from the Leaflets Framelits using Old Olive card stock and sponging the edges, I also folded in half to add texture.

Attach the leaves to the back to finish the Sunflower.

I hope you like this project and decide to make some for you or to give away, I had so much fun building these flowers, and they come out so pretty and attractive you are going to want to show case this card on your mantel for the entire Thanksgiving season:) 

If you would like to shop for any of the Stampin'Up products used for this project please click on the items in the moving carousel or visit my website Here.

Please let me know if you have any questions or write me a comment below.
Thank you so much for visiting and Have a Great Day!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment